Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today I saw a hummingbird!

on the nature show that I mention earlier , they rig a feeding station for the humming birds that revolve and the birds could match their speed to the feeder tubes and fly sideway

We get a few/several every year. Sometimes we also get Hummingbird Moths (Clearwing).

Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Was in the garden section at Lowes today and spied a hummer working over the hanging fuchsias.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Oh.. Hummingbirds are adorable! We are fortunate that we are able to see them here in America. Other country’s people just heard about it.

We keep a feeder out all year as we have Anna's all year long and the Rufous around mid March...lots of fun...
    "Your beliefs don't make you a better person...your behavior does."

Hi Stephen,

We have 4 feeders in the back yard. We have to fill all 4 most every day. My wife buys sugar by the 25 pound bag. Here are a few photo's. We have the birds year round.

Wanda's camera 4-17-12 072.jpgWanda's camera 4-17-12 086.jpgWanda's camera 4-17-12 087.jpgWanda's camera 4-17-12 088.jpgWanda's camera 4-17-12 074.jpgWanda's camera 4-17-12 075.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Layton View Post
    Hi Stephen,

We have 4 feeders in the back yard. We have to fill all 4 most every day. My wife buys sugar by the 25 pound bag. Here are a few photo's. We have the birds year round.
    That's great! I put my feeder out, but I haven't seen the hummingbird again.

At our old property, we had vibrant red Monarda "Jacob Kline" (Bee Balm) growing in front of the house. As the years went by, the plant had more babies and we encouraged the expansion. The Monarda would get about 5' tall and bloom most of the summer. We would have up to a dozen hummingbirds buzzing about all afternoon and evening and we could sit and watch the "hummingbird wars" as they zipped about all the blooms. We dug up some of the Monarda so that we can plant it in our future home and hope the hummingbirds will soon come and visit us there.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Today a hummingbird was at the feeder! Woo hoo!

Once they find food, they'll not be far away.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

The hummingbirds are feeding every few minutes now, here is a picture:
    hummingbird copy.jpg