Thread: Food Processor Disc Storage Ideas?

Food Processor Disc Storage Ideas?

I have this gigantic food processor, that came with 5 different discs to grate, julienne, chop...and clutter the cabinet while threatening to become razor-sharp bladed frisbees that roll out of the cabinet...

Has anyone built a solution to the storage of these little monsters? There are some plastic choices for sale, but I'm looking for a project

Do a little searching for storage ideas for Worksharp disks. Same principal, only disks are larger.

Just like a saw blade storage rack. Strips of wood glued in to create a rabbit, make them tall enough to hold the disks vertical, maybe cut miters on the spacer strips to come in close to the disks and prevent rolling. Space as required for your unit.

No, no, no! He said he's looking for a project, not storage. C'mon use your imaginations here. I'm seeing something like an old school CD changer, the carousel type. It could mount inside a pop up shelf that held the food processor. And automation is always fun

An old wobble dado I had was about the same diameter as the discs on my old food processor (new one came with a plastic box that holds it all but is a PITA to retrieve anything). Just dial in the width of the disc & plunge away (safely, with stops clamped to the table). I did about 6 slots for the discs & lid plus a couple short dowels for slicing blade and disc holder. I think I also ran a groove near the edge to hold the flat spatula it came with.
    Darn thing took up almost an entire shelf in a 18" wide upper cabinet but the wife loved it--and that matters more than my opinion on the best use of the space

Quick and dirty

Food Processor.jpgThis was quick and dirty and not by any means a craftsman's effort. I needed a solution quick, here it is...
    Solid Euro Beech, dadoed.

What about something simple? Perhaps some rare earth magnets on the inside of a cupboard door...

Stainless steel

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Angrisani View Post
    What about something simple? Perhaps some rare earth magnets on the inside of a cupboard door...
    You may get lucky and have a magnetic alloy of stainless, but you might not...