Hello everyone,

I managed to get the adaptor plates made and installed for the DeWALT sliding table last night,

I bought two pieces of 1/4" thick, 2-1/2" wide by 24" long aluminium flat stock. I measured down 7/16 from the top edge of the Unisaw cast iron top and clamped them in place. I marked for three holes and then drilled through the aluminium on my drill press with a 5/16" bit. The three holes then were countersunk with a 5/8" countersink so the cap head screws would sit flush with the plate when installed. I clamped the plates back in place on the saw and marked my holes front and back on the Unisaw table edge. I drilled the cast iron table edge with a 3/8" bit to give me a little wiggle room when installing the adaptor plate. With the adaptor plate installed, I clamped the DeWALT sliding table brackets in place behind the adaptor plate, flush under Unisaw table edge and marked the holes from behind. I removed the aluminium adaptor plates, drilled 5/16" holes on my marks and again countersunk with a 5/8" countersink.

I reinstalled the adaptor plates to the Unisaw table edge and also bolted the DeWALT sliding table brackets to the adaptor plates. Everything lined up bolted together very well.

Next I installed the General T-Square (Biesemeyer) fence. Pretty strait forward, I have lost count of how many I have installed, in fact, I had installed one on a Unisaw earlier in the day at a local high school. Nothing exciting here, Mark some holes and drill them. I did have to cut about 12" off of both front and rear fence rails to allow them to clear the sliding table.

Fence rails installed,

Shot of under the front of the table,

You can see how the aluminium adaptor plate I made allows the DeWALT sliding table support rail to be directly under and flush with the front edge of the cast iron table.

Here I have stuffed a 3/4" thick piece of MDF in the mitre slot and I am running a dial indicator back and fourth to check that the sliding table is parallel to the mitre slot,

Yawn, bashing together a filler box to fit between the front and back fence rails. Made with 5/8" melamine and 3/4" Baltic birch plywood. High end joinery with pocket screws,

I installed the filler box and added the table legs.

Here is the saw almost done,

All I need to do now is install the switch and make a few more fine
adjustments.

---

For the full horror, here is part 1 of the rebuild,

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=20029

And part 2,

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=20593

Thanks,

David.