Thread: Baby rattle with holder

Baby rattle with holder

c Kinsley rattle (2) cr w infolr.jpgc Kinsley rattle cr w info lr.jpgI am new into turning, so its no where near perfect, I made this rattle for a new grandchild. I decided to also make a holder for it and have it laser engraved. I am happy with it overall.

as well you should be. Tell me, does the baby replace the rattle when tired of playing with it. heh, heh, i just had to ask. Max

Really fine . It will become an heirloom.
    Well done.

Harvey, Of course she will replace it when she's done... one needs to start young on having them put their toys always, if not her play room will look like a lot of woodshops lol lol.. Thanks Peter as that was the plan, and I felt like if I made the holder then it would have more of an heirloom feel to it. I came up with the holder idea myself as I never have seen anyone do that before.

Very elegant stand. When I observed some end user testing (my two granddaughters) with my first couple of rattles, I discovered they did not recognize a handle and grabbed whichever end was closest. So after that I omitted the middle bead marking the end of the handle.
    God is great and life is good!