Thread: Drum sander outfeed roller adjustment?

Drum sander outfeed roller adjustment?

Just figured out that the outfeed roller on my Jet 10-20 is high on the inside, but I can't figure out how to lower it. Do I just tap it with a mallet? Or is there a means of lowering its bracket?

Thanks!

The whole mounting for the back rollers is one large plate, it has springs on it to hole the roller down. There are 2 large Allen head screws that hole the plate to the frame.

In fact the plate has slots in it so you should be able to loosen the Allen screw and lower it. My sander is just over a year old and they may have changed it.

On page 18 of the manual it shows how to adjust it.

http://content.jettools.com/assets/m...900_man_EN.pdf
    Last edited by Bill Huber; 12-02-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks, Bill, but are you talking about the tension roller inside or the belt drive roller? I wasn't clear enough - my problem is with the rearmost roller that tensions the drive belt. It's a little proud of the platen on the right side so when I put a piece of wood through it, it doesn't sand much off that side until the wood reaches that roller. Then I get a divot in the middle on the right. I saw a post here some time ago that explained what was happening, but at the time I didn't make note of the solution and now I can't find that post. I had checked the roller height then but either it's shifted or I didn't check it very well. All I see are two nuts that position the roller bracket, but they need to stay a little loose so the tracking adjuster works.

I have the Performax 16-32 and you need to tighten those bolts once you have the tracking set that is the only thing that will lock the tracking. I assume yours is similar.

George

I did misunderstand the problem.

The only thing I could see to do is after you have the tracking set is to push it down and then tighten the 2 nuts, like George stated.

In looking at it I think you could weld a nut on it's side to the bracket and then put a bolt in it to adjust it the way you needed it.

Thank you George &Bill. I think that will solve it. I just wasn't sure if there was some adjustment I missed.