Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to Get Wood - NJ

Nothing south of Trenton?

Pat, there is a guy in Westwood that his own mill do a search on Craigslist for lumber in the Northern section and he comes up. There is also another one in Brooklyn which sometimes comes up in the same search. The guy in Westwood is a little crabby and his stuff is pretty pricey but he has some really nice stuff. Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Hughto View Post
    Bada Bing??
    Totally different kind of wood there, but not unwelcome!!! LOL

I'll suggest Irion, in north central PA. They don't carry many different species (e.g. no crazy exotics, go to Groff & Groff or Hearne for those), but the cherry, mahogany, maple, walnut, etc they have is typically amazing: wide widths, many thicknesses, & moderately to heavily figured. For examples, see my recent project thread for the sideboard. They'll ship, but it's worth the drive if you've got a vehicle suitable for carrying lumber.

Quote Originally Posted by les winter View Post
    Google Beams and Boards to see their price list. It's not bad. For what it is worth, I favor Groff and Groff lumber in Quarryville PA. Their prices are pretty low and they ship ups. To New Jersey, the cost ends up similar to buying retail locally. But the quality is good, and the lumber, in the rough is on the heavy side.

You beat me to this suggestion Les! I live about 175 miles from Grof and Grof, and even with their shipping, the quality of what they supply still beats everyone else I have ordered from in the past years. Highly recommended!
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.