Jay.......personally, I have respect for both the Jet and the Grizzly. I wish you the best with your decision! That being said, the reason I went with the Grizzly 18/47 is because it was more lathe, and had the features nearly identical, except the safety cage [which most turners take it off] and the handwheel.

Mine has served me well and I just turned on it earlier today.......it performs on a par with the much more expensive lathes I have turned on. I have turned on 8 different 3520b's and as far as performance.........my G0698 has done everything they will do, except the 3520b has 2" more swing.

I do not think you will go wrong with either the Jet or Grizzly..........some favor the Jet because of more refined surfaces.......especially the painted areas, but in a year it won't make a whit of difference! They have improved the Grizzly from when I purchased mine 4 1/2 years ago..........better motor and VFD........you get more lathe and ability to turn bigger bowls with the Grizz than the Jet, but again it is your call and your preference.

The longer warranty is nice with the Jet............but from what I hear from owners of the G0733........they are having good reliable service from their lathes, and Grizzly usually has excellent customer service and tries to get any issue resolved if possible.

Good luck, which ever one you decide on!!!