I've found Roy's program to be both inspirational and informative.

When I didn't know anything, I watched the program to get inspiration; one could see just how many things could be built if only one learned the skills and got the tools.

When I was in the first stages of learning, Roy's program was still an inspiration, but it wasn't immediately useful. I found other, more specific tutorials, to be good for learning very basic skills (sawing straight, sharpening tools, flattening and squaring a board).

But now that I know something, and have tools, Roy's program is very useful to me. Now that I know what his tools are, and what they do, I can visualize how to make do with the tools I have, or to know when I should really get a tool I'm lacking for a particular operation. I end up paying a lot of attention to how he holds the work in the limited ways in which he can do it during the show, or at the immediate problem-solving that takes place. As a time-constrained woodworker, I can relate to his own kind of pressure.

As others, I enjoy it tremendously when he brings other craftspeople to the show.

Roy's show is about breadth, not depth in a particular sub-area in woodworking, and I like it that way