Several months ago, I was one of the many who read all the "buy vs build" threads. Almost bought the pre-fabricated table from Canada, but then considered how much money I would save by building my own . (NOT) It was loads of fun, however, and I am glad I did it.

It's another version of the Norm Table as you can see. Alterations were to have only 4 bit drawers instead of 6, since I don't own enough bits to fill even half of one drawer at this time. Another reason for this is that I wanted the table height to be the same as my outfeed table/ workbench and tablesaw extension table. Norm's table is quite a bit taller and I'm only 5'9". I also changed the dust collection so it exits at the left side. This makes it easy to tie in with the dust collection line that runs through the slab behind the tablesaw. You can see that there was plenty of room to run the line behind the drawers on the left side of the cabinet. The collection works amazingly well, leaving almost no sawdust on the tabletop or inside the area where the router is housed.

The top is the Woodpecker 27" X 43" laminated MDF top cut down to the dimensions I wanted and edge-wrapped with oak. It is dead flat so far, even with the Incra lift and the PC 7518 router hanging in it.

All of Bill Huber's comments on the Jessem fence sold me on that one, although I'm sure I would have been happy with any of them.

One ergonomic problem so far. Although this is the best place to position the table in my shop as it is laid out, the proximity to the vise on the outfeed table is not good. I think that I will have to replace the leg-levelers with casters so that it can be rotated back out of the way when I need to use the vise. Hopefully I can do that without raising the height of the table.

Router Table R.jpgRouter Table L.jpgRouter Table Top.jpgRouter Table Motor.jpgrouter table dust collection.jpgRouter Table Front.jpg