Decisions, Decisions.

Howdy Sawmill Creek Community,

I'm about a month away from putting the deposit down on a C02 Laser and I've decided that I'm going to be choosing between the Speedy 300 (80w) or the Epilog Fusion (32x20 75w Model). I don't care to bother with a Chinese laser system. Sure there is value in them and they serve their purpose but it's not for me. There are other laser systems that I could explore but I simply just chose not to. It's a pretty tough call between Trotec and Epilog. I keep going back and forth and I'm stuck. Each have their advantages. I have been scouring the forums for months now and one thing I often see is (what will you be using the laser for) so, I will be mostly be working with leather, acrylic, wood, etc. I have been trained on an epilog helix 60 w (my brothers) and I've come to love Epilog. I am aware there will be a learning curve with trotec.

Trotec VS Epilog

• 140 ips (Raster time is blazing fast) vs Epilog 100 ips? (I believe...)
  • 1000 dpi vs. 1200 dpi (but how often would you run something at 1200 dpi honestly?)
  • 29x17 work area (kind of awkward) vs. 32x20 (just sounds nice doesn't it?)
  • Option to upgrade a second laser source with a fiber laser (additional $30,000 roughly, depending on wattage of course) vs. No Option
  • New Ceramic Core vs. Not Ceramic
  • 7.9 Z depth vs. compared to 14.25 Z depth on Epilog Fusion
  • Sealed vs. not sealed (less cleaning?)
  • No lighting vs. new Epilog Fusion double sided lighting
  • one air vent vs. Epilog's double venting system (front and back)
  • Proven job control on the trotec vs. Epilog's more recent job control which has only been around for 2 years or so
  • Medical grade air compressor built into the machine vs. epilog must be outside the laser (Quieter inside?)
  • No USB/wifi/ethernet/mac driver compatibility vs. yes to all 3 on the epilog (worth mentioning I have a couple MAC computers)

There are so many things to touch upon but as an initial opener I figure this could be enough to get the conversation started. What are your thoughts? CC: Scott Shepard I know if you had to buy another laser tmw it would be a trotec hands down, what do you think good sir?
Assume you could get both of these machines with (vector grid, blower, vacuum table, air assist/compressor/ rotary) for 30k each. I know people don't tend to talk specific numbers on the forum and I get that, but honestly thats what it boils down to is 30K either way I lean.