Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice on Tool Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Reinis Kanders View Post
    Their vacuum is nice. I have the smaller one (Turbo I)
    12 year-old T-3.

Connected via overhead hose to ROS, belt sander, and routers, as I use them on the workbench.

Would not change a thing, if I ever had a do-over.

Love it.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Mike,

If you're tired of blowing sawdust b**gers, consider getting the HEPA model (or the HEPA upgrade kit) for the Fein vacuum.

Like the Festool I own there is a pre-bag that captures most of the dust (and chuncks) so it doesn't clog up the HEPA filter.

I started out adding a HEPA filter to my old craftsman vac but it would quickly drop in suction due to filter clogging.

Besides, it's nice to hear yourself think when you need the noisy beasts. :-)

New vacuum = no kleenex needed.. which can't help but be good for your health!!

Jim
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

FYI you can buy HEPA filters for the Fein at a reasonable price > Gore Cleanstream. The Turbo Vacs are much quieter than Ridgid and also have variable speed.

The multitool or vac would be my choice..... They are both nice tools. IF you are going to resell then I would opt for the vac.

Robert

Update

I bought the portable Fein MulitMaster and drill combo. I paid $399 for it and will list it in the classified soon. So if you're interested, keep an eye out for the posting in the classified.

I already have an oscillating tool and a number of drill/drivers so I really don't need it. The portable oscillating tool would be nice but it's not a tool that I use a lot.

Mike

Fein-1.jpgFein-2.jpgFein-3.jpgFein-4.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 08-08-2014 at 1:57 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.