Thread: OT: Ruger Mini 14 or Mini 30

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You know, I keep trying to talk myself into buying a 7.62x39 rifle and actually looked at the Mini-30 at one point. Never been a fan of the AR platform, much preferred the M1A. For this caliber, I would probably end up buying an SKS and just putting a better stock and set of sights on it. Hard for me to justify the extra coin for the Mini-30 as much as I like the design of it. Let us know what you end up doing.

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

Blog Entries
    I haven't decided what I will do. I have had both of my shoulders replaced this year, the right shoulder twice. Right now it is hard for me to shoulder a shotgun or a 22 rifle. This morning I did play around with my 10/22 a little, and fine tuned the scope on it. I did O.K. with a bench rest, but I couldn't do too good shooting free style while standing. I am really leaning towards a mini 14 or a mini 30 because I like that style of rifle much more than the AR style. I know that some people have a problem with the mini accuracy but that is not a real issue for me, as long as it will group 3.5" or less, I'll be O.K. with that.

Thanks for the input.......
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bickley View Post
    I haven't decided what I will do. I have had both of my shoulders replaced this year, the right shoulder twice. Right now it is hard for me to shoulder a shotgun or a 22 rifle. This morning I did play around with my 10/22 a little, and fine tuned the scope on it. I did O.K. with a bench rest, but I couldn't do too good shooting free style while standing. I am really leaning towards a mini 14 or a mini 30 because I like that style of rifle much more than the AR style. I know that some people have a problem with the mini accuracy but that is not a real issue for me, as long as it will group 3.5" or less, I'll be O.K. with that.

Thanks for the input.......
    You'll have no problem getting a mini to the 3.5" accuracy.

Blog Entries
    I decided to go for the Mini 14. I like that style and my local gun dealer gave me a fair price. Ordered this one this morning.

Ruger Mini 14 - Mod. 5855.jpg
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution