Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping drawer from tipping?

Blog Entries
    A couple options to consider. . .

If the ottoman is to be easily moved about for the most comfortable "feet-up" use, a lot of weight is going to e a bother. change to drawer glides that are shorter and do not allow the drawer to be opened to the tipping point; a false back in the drawer would avoid stuff moving to the back and being difficult to access.

If the drawer's capacity outweighs (sorry I couldn't resist) the need for mobility, run to the scrap iron yard and have them cut you some 3/8" plate to a size that would fit inside the carcass, top to bottom and about halfway from front to back. Drill some holes and mount these inside the carcass between the drawer sides and the interior.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    I think what he is trying to say is that the Ottoman tips when the drawer is pulled out. The only solution is to add enough weight to counter balance the drawer and contents.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I think what he is trying to say is that the Ottoman tips when the drawer is pulled out. The only solution is to add enough weight to counter balance the drawer and contents.

Ohhhhh - didn't pick up on that.

Yep. Weight it down.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.