Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pepper Grinder Kind and Source......

1. I think the tallest mill that CrushGrind sells has an 18" rod in it.

If you wanted to sacrifice the rod out of another mechanism - you could link a pair of rods together with a shaft-collar to extend the shaft to whatever length you want.

I hope that made sense.

Tim is right on!
    If you look at my front one it is 12" tall total (the top piece is 3.5 inches tall) note the hex shaft is 10" long and I did not cut it, it sticks up into the top. When drilling for the plastic insert I go as per plan but I continue with a 3/8" hole far up enough to accommodate the long shaft.
    Of note here is that you want to make sure the shaft goes more than through the plastic insert, the holder spring in the insert is at upper end so the shaft has to go more than through to hold securely!
    The mill in the back of my picture is 10" tall total. The Top part is 3"
    This design, totally straight sides is my Son's idea he is an Industrial Designer and this modernistic design is his favorite. Trying to make this is time consuming to get the diameter perfect all the way along the body, I use a board and backer pad and then hold each grit sandpaper against the Mill body and Top as one spindle turning.
    The tenon on the Top comes in real handy here too to hold the Top and body between centres.
    Peter F.