Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flowers for my wife or an impact driver for me?

Flowers for my wife or an impact driver for me?

My wife retires tomorrow after 28 years of working for the county board of DD.
    It came out of the blue a couple/three months ago. The county is offering two years of added service to anyone that wants to take an early retirement.
    That will give her a full 30 years and the bottom line is, she'll make almost exactly what she takes home now.

Anyhow I sort of need an impact driver & what with all the Black Friday specials and all, I was wondering.......

LOL!
    Not to worry - I know what's good for me. I'll be getting her a nice flower arrangement delivered to her at work tomorrow.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Smart man. You have been married long enough to understand these things.

Yes smart man. Glad to hear she is taking advantage of that retire early offer. Sounds like you are both winners.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Yes smart man. Glad to hear she is taking advantage of that retire early offer. Sounds like you are both winners.
    Its all in the Gift wrapping and won't she be surprised when she sees the Impact Wrench!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

That impact driver will come in handy building the new dog house you'll be living in

Flowers

Flowers should only be used a the prelude to your invitaion to a romatic meal

All husbands Know or need to learn fast there is a huge difference between what we enjoy and what is important

My father's advice on life to me shortly before his death was

(Said inhis Blackcountry accent )

"All you have to do is look after her and look after them kids "

and I thought life was complicated

regards

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 11-25-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Flowers and maybe a box of chocolate!

buy her a new car

buy her a new car
    LOL!
    I actually did that two weeks ago!

For real! Her car was getting close to being out of warranty, needing brakes and tires and other "50 thousand mile stuff", so I told her to go out and buy a new 2015 model year car to start out her retirement.

One nice thing about working for the county is that you can accumulate sick time and cash it in when you retire.
    Her unused sick time puts a real dent in what we owe after the trade in is taken out.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

There's a question? In my house I know which side my bread is buttered. Once you understand that, you'll be OK.
    Last edited by Don Morris; 11-25-2014 at 6:27 PM.
    Real American Heros don't wear Capes, they wear Dogtags.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    LOL!
    I actually did that two weeks ago!

For real! Her car was getting close to being out of warranty, needing brakes and tires and other "50 thousand mile stuff", so I told her to go out and buy a new 2015 model year car to start out her retirement.

One nice thing about working for the county is that you can accumulate sick time and cash it in when you retire.
    Her unused sick time puts a real dent in what we owe after the trade in is taken out.
    do not ask me how that I knew this but I did think that a new car was bought

flowers.... and make it something special.... i.e deliver them personally. One of the benefits of a flower deliver person is to get and see the expressions on the recipients face. Enjoy the moment with her and then take her out to lunch.

ftr: I am a fourth generation florist.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

You're about to get real busy, if she sees you puttering...

Sell your ladder, fast.

14. If I ever bought my wife flowers instead of a tool I would be shot on sight. She would rather have a new tool any day of the week.

Blog Entries
    Just a thought- you could get her a bouquet of impact drivers and kinda kill two birds with one stone.