So, my understanding is that europeans like to pull their aluminum extruded fences forward (toward the operator), such that the end of the fence is only just past the gullets of the cutting end of the blade.

Like this:

My understanding is that this dramatically reduces the possibility of kickback because there is no "pinch zone" toward the back of the blade.

To those of you who have euro saws, how "in control" of the workpiece do you feel as you approach the end of the cut when your fence is in this position? Seems to me you only have an inch max of contact with the fence toward the end of the cut. How is this accurate or safe? It seems to me like the workpiece could teeter on the fence as you finish the cut. Doesn't this cause a taper at the end of the workpiece?

My sawstop PCS has a riving knife, etc. But I'm considering swapping the fence out for a verysupercooltools fence and cutting the aluminum extrusion down so that it is no longer than the front gullet of my 10" blade's when at a reasonably low height setting... that is if it is safer and more accurate. But I'm stuck on this point...

Is there any case when you would want more fence length after the cut?

Note, I already have an excalibur sliding table for safe cross-cuts.