Thread: The future of the internet?

The future of the internet?

You can download a full-length movie in 2 seconds.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/l...ternet-network

Now if they only started making movies worth downloading, we'd be in good shape!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Now if they only started making movies worth downloading, we'd be in good shape!
    Boy am I with you on that Scott! However, I did really enjoy seeing Saint Vincent at the local theater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dP5lJnJHXg

Or summer cabin is located in the Paul Bunyan service area near Grand Rapids, literally in the middle of nowhere but woods and lakes and few inhabitants. We were amazed that they actually ran fiber optic cable right to our cabin at no charge. I can already get faster internet service up there than I can here in the Twin Cities. All we get through it is standard telephone though at this point.

Certainly over the course of almost a century of film there are at least a few movies worth watching.

Ok, I'll get off your lawn now.

Blog Entries
    Gee, now we will be able to get pop-up ads that actually pop up. How many sites do you frequent that have the capability to upload to the pipe as fast as you can download? I run across a few, but most are far slower than my 60 mbps download speed. Not sure gigabit speed would help me much. There is a point of diminishing returns.
    NOW you tell me...

I have nothing against progress, it just irritates me that things change so fast. I designed and built a computer desk in the early 21st century that now, early in the 21st century, is outdated. We still use it, but in reality it is not built for today's technology. In order to keep up with technology you have to make disposable furniture. My mom has a desk built early in the 20th century that still functions just as well today for what it was designed for; storing books.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Bah, this whole internet things just a passing fad.
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

Passing fad I don't know LOL When you can sit in your living room Look at a house , the interior, the street, the neighborhood, 3000 miles away then email an agent, buy the the house, pay for it sign all the legal papers online, have all the utilities on and a warm house when you arrive to move in and never leave your easy chair . Pretty good I'd say LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Passing fad I don't know LOL When you can sit in your living room Look at a house , the interior, the street, the neighborhood, 3000 miles away then email an agent, buy the the house, pay for it sign all the legal papers online, have all the utilities on and a warm house when you arrive to move in and never leave your easy chair . Pretty good I'd say LOL
    We didn't have toys like that when I was a kid.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Amen to that! I read & hear about movie studios raving about $$$ losses due to piracy and think to myself that there are few movies worth the effort.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses Yoder View Post
    I designed and built a computer desk in the early 21st century that now, early in the 21st century, is outdated. We still use it, but in reality it is not built for today's technology.
    It all depends upon what you want to do with it. If you're only surfing the web and checking email, using a decade-old+ computer is perfectly acceptable. If you're trying to run the latest design program, well, you need all of the horsepower you can muster.

You wouldn't compete in Le Mans with a Ford Model T, but if you were just going down to the Quicky-Mart, that Model T will do you just fine.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

You should give Silicon Valley a call and tell them to slow down, we can't keep up.

I think the rate of technology advances is only going to increase. Better buckle up.

Guess I should have added a roll eyes smiley
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....