THESE ARE NOT FOR SALE!!! IF I EVER DO DECIDE TO SELL, I'LL LIST IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.

NOTE: I had an earlier thread, but it was deleted because I wasn't clear enough that these are not for sale. I got a note from Bruce Page that it appeared to be a thinly veiled sale thread. I did not intend to give that impression. Sorry about that. He didn't move it to the classifieds because I had apparently forgotten to renew my membership here. That's been fixed. I've been a member for years. Most of you know me as Gregory of Sherwood Forest on other forums. My thanks to Bruce for letting me know my error.

Here's the gist;

In 2006 Lie-Nielsen released one of the most collectible and celebrated planes of all time. The LIE-NIELSEN 25TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION BRONZE No. 4 1/2 SMOOTHING PLANE. This was limited to 500 and by all accounts, sold out in record time. Many people have pined and kicked themselves stoutly in anguish after not being able to get even one.

Well, not long ago, I was able to acquire not one, but two of these planes. Additionally, they are TWO IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER, numbered 387 and 388. These have become known as "The Twins". They are in pristine, UNOPENED condition, still sealed in the blue protective rust inhibiting bags. The boxes are also in MINT condition. The protective bags haven't even been removed from the boxes. They've lain there since leaving the factory. I even have the original box they were shipped from LN in, with the return label intact and addressed to the original owner. Provenance, that is. To my knowledge, they may be the only two of these that are sequentially numbered unopened planes and owned by one person.

AGAIN, THESE ARE NOT CURRENTLY FOR SALE!! I am looking for opinions as to whether folks think these should be forever kept together as a set, merely because they have sequential numbers. Would that increase the value over two not having sequential numbers?? I do need to get these insured. Interested in your opinions. Thanks!