Thread: Show off the Jointers, anyone interested?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Here's my Sargent 422C (the other plane is a Craftsman 559B). The dark grey color of the castings are because I used Phosphate paint prep to remove the rust. I polished the bottoms of the soles although the picture doesn't show that very well. Also, the planer actually takes a full shaving that's just a shaving from the edge of the board sitting in the mouth.

planes.jpg
    planes2.jpg
    planes3.jpg

Blog Entries
    Rodger, the size of my Purple Heart jointer is "only" 26.5" long. I am still working on a top grip, that will hold my entire hand, visible in the picture. The wedge isn't exactly right yet either. I am still trying to decide which iron to use in it. I have two HNT Gordon irons but they are a little short for the jointer so I may use one of the Steve Knight blades which are a little longer. Maybe Tom can see why I bought only two of the 3 Steve Knight planes he had, although mine works I am still working on it. I'm not sure why Tom isn't posting a picture of the very nice Steve Knight Jointer? I posted the other two Tom.
    Last edited by Mike Holbrook; 02-24-2015 at 12:47 AM.

That's a 36" long Jarrah jointer (with 3" wide blade) alongside a Stanley #7 (type 11).

A couple of Veritas jointers - custom and BU ...

Regards from Perth

Derek

I think it was a perspective thing, since the purpleheart is in the front of the other planes. It looked more like Dereks . You even posted the length, I missed that.