Thread: Snipes Bill Plane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I you can neither afford new ones, nor the common prices good ones go for on ebay, keep looking at molding planes. The ones I ended up with went cheap only because the seller didn't call them the right name. There was no mention of "snipes" or "bill" in the ads and no one else even bid on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    I you can neither afford new ones, nor the common prices good ones go for on ebay, keep looking at molding planes. The ones I ended up with went cheap only because the seller didn't call them the right name. There was no mention of "snipes" or "bill" in the ads and no one else even bid on them.
    I've wondered if lost of rich eBayers know the buzz words but don't recognize the item when the see it without the buzz words. ?? I don't much likeauctions, because there are so many bidders with deep pockets.

I just went back and checked my buy list in 2013. I bought one for 8.95 plus 16.22 shipping from the UK, and the other for 17.22 plus 6.13 shipping from Washington state. Neither had the words in the ads. I have best luck with any kind of molding plane coming from the UK. Most of the ones here look like they've spent a hundred years or more in a barn.

I had been looking for at least a couple of years though before I found those, but didn't really have a pressing need for them. I don't know that I could repeat.

I try not to get caught up in auctions either. I bid what I will pay, and check back every few days to see if I need to pay for anything.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 03-18-2015 at 6:11 PM.