Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Nope. I'm originally from Colorado and so an ALL-Colorado sports fan. However, I've been in the BA almost twice as long as I lived in Colorado but I just can't convert.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Chris Glad to see your guys beat the Dodgers my favorite National League team is anybody who's playing the Dodgers.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Yes! They came back from the previous night's crushing loss and gave it back to the Dodgers and winning with a walk-off in the 9th. They split the 4-game series but were oh so close to taking it 3-1. Still, they are playing much better baseball after that 11-game losing streak.

I suspect that the Tigers' self-immolation is real, not just a product of my drug-induced fantasy world, correct?

If I just dump out the rest of my morphine derivatives, does that guarantee they get better? Or - do I need to keep taking them to mask the pain of reality?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I'll break it to you gently, Kent:

The Tigers are on fire but not the good kind. 2 Ws in their last 10 games. Ouch.

Chris - thanks. lots.

It's a dumpster fire - their signature move - but usually they wait until after the All-Star break.........And JV is about to come back. Yeah. RIght. You seen the latest photos of Kate Upton? Would YOU come back to play ball, while the paychecks are coming in, and Kate is coming over? I sure as hell wouldn't. No freakin' way.

I am grinding up my oxy stuff to use in place of salt on the rim of the margaritas. C'mon over - I'm bartending.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Kate who? Does she 'play ball' ?

I might just buy what yer sellin' over the bar there. Beer nuts, too?

Kent you could start rooting for the Kansas City Royals at least until you lose the painkillers
    Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    Kent you could start rooting for the Kansas City Royals at least until you lose the painkillers
    Will consider any team outside the division, John..........

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Will consider any team outside the division, John..........
    I have gone ahead and put your application in for Yankee fan. You don't have to thank me.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Harold do you thinkYankees really deserve that
    Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    I have gone ahead and put your application in for Yankee fan. You don't have to thank me.
    I still owe you the story about my trip to Tiger's game in Yankee Stadium in the late 1980's...............too long to work through it until I get more keyboard skills back in pocket, though.

John - that is just cold. You and I must be the only 2 here who know what the phrase "Don't Overlook Overbrook" means, and here you are trashing me and my team, dude.....

The Yankees do not fear the "Kent Karma".

(However...please note that when an application has been submitted for Yankee Fan-ness, that the status is granted with a probationary provision.)
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

I guess it is pretty cold considering I hate the Yankees ,I'm hoping the Detroit and Kansas City make it interesting this year right now both Detroit and Kansas City are struggling when I lived in New York and the Dodgers and Giants moved out we had the Mets and Yankees so I became a Mets fan I moved to the West Coast The Padres were a farm club at the time when became a National League team I had season tickets i'm having a hard time becoming an American league fan The sad part of this is two years after I moved to the West Coast the Mets won the world Series couple years after I moved to the Midwest the Padres won the World Series . I suppose I should've waited until you were fully recovered before I picked on you
    Thanks John