Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

By the way the train at Overbrook is gone
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    By the way the train at Overbrook is gone
    that right there sucks.

one of the great Flint Hills artifacts.

How about the antique tractor collection in the pasture on 56 Highway just west from there?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Not sure about the tractors all have to look next time
    Thanks John

.......I suppose I should've waited until you were fully recovered before I picked on you.........
    Screw that noise. Bring the heat - I am, by birth, tough Kansas farm stock.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Make up your mind one post your Crying, hello next one you told me to keep To keep the heat up,maybe we better get back on track with baseball
    Thanks John

Make up your mind one post your Crying, hello next one you told me to keep To keep the heat up,maybe we better get back on track with baseball

...I hate the Yankees...
    And it is my understanding that they are not very fond of you.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Probably not the only one
    Thanks John

Chris -

What the heck is up with the Rockies?

Just looked at a few stats........their runs scored is #4 in NL.........but they have given up 38 more than scored!!!

that's not in the same class as Sox/Sox/Phillies, but still.....your pitching that bad, eh? Everyone seems to light them up......

Your Tulo SS guy is still plowing through film in the highlight reels...........like watching him play. I love great defense......

They are quite frustrating of late. Just when I think they've turned a corner (taking 2 of 3 from the Cards), they lay an egg on the road in Miami and Houston. The fish seem to have their number for some odd reason. Pitching is usually the culprit and mostly in the bullpen but overall, pitching is typically their issue. The only thing consistent about them is their inconsistency. SIGH
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    And it is my understanding that they are not very fond of you.
    All you Yankee lovers out there (you know who you are) read the book written about my son's battle with the Yankees. It's called Pinstripe Defection and you can find it at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Pinstripe-Defe...ripe+defection.
    Yeah, the Yankees are a fine upstanding organization (NOT!).
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 06-17-2015 at 11:59 AM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    OMG! Just as I had completely given up on my Rangers for another year, I see they are in second place in the AL West, right behind Houston!. Is the moon out of alignment again?
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Well, last night the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Washington Nationals 5-0.

The Nationals gave up (2) solo home runs for the first 2 runs, the 3rd run came via an error from our shortstop (his 15th of the year), the 4th and 5th runs came on a bunt that turned into a little league home run with the help of 2 throwing errors by the Nationals. It was raining pretty hard at the time.

The Nationals actually had more errors (3) than hits (2). Not exactly their finest hour.

At least it only counts as one loss.

PHM

Paul - yeah, you rarely see an inside-the-park-home-run bunt. I didn't look, but with those 2 errors, I have to assume he did not get credit for a hit, much less an RBI.

Meanwhile, In Cincinnati, The Tigers lost on a two-out-walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the 13th.

Jeeezzzzzz, guys - throw the game in the 9th and go home, eh? rather than sticking around all that time to get two outs, three men on base, and then groove one. OTOH - maybe that's what the bullpen decided to do: "Let's get the hell out of here, and go back to the bar at the hotel".

Paul,

And the previous day for Washington, they plated 16 runs! Baseball is a strange game...you never know what is going to happen game to game. I love it!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.