Having trouble finding the right protection for a Cedar deck railing I'm planning on building. Most people are referencing higher quality deck stains/coats for the deck itself but I'm just interested in the railing (my deck floor is composite). My thought is since the railing takes less physical abuse I can get away with a more furniture grade product. Ideally, something clear and satin that will last a few seasons. The balusters will be metal so refinishing shouldn't be too bad (just top, bottom, and posts). Am I missing something and is this product a bad choice? It will be exposed to direct sunlight and the elements for sure. I've considered epiphanes but it's even more expensive than the GF product. Plus, I'd prefer satin rather than a gloss. If I'm not going to get multiple seasons out of the GF 450 I'll just use a decking product but I sure would like a nice natural wood look (ruled out composite railing on look and price) and avoid staining or some semi-transparent. Maybe I'm dreaming...