It might be of interest to consider that the Trotec 80 watt machine has a ceramic tube which is the most advanced technology available today. Granted the ceramic tubes have not been around long enough to prove themselves but the technology may reduce the cost of ownership over the life of the machine dramatically. It would be prudent to check out the technology and if you believe it has value factor that into any decision to purchase. It is rare for people to discuss this technology here but it is worth the time to investigate the details, this is a very important component that can easily steer the decision to purchase in one direction or the other.

My Trotec Speedy 300 80 watt machine was one of the first that shipped with the new ceramic tube. Its over three years old and functions the same today as it did the day I received the machine. I hope that I can report the same performance level in ten years as the cost to replace an 80 watt tube is not chump change these days. I also recommend that anyone who is considering a new laser engraver inquire about the cost of tube replacement, this is not the kind of information that you want to find out later on when you need a new tube.