Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Beckham View Post
Quote from their website about new drivers the for the Mini:
Laser Tickle: Enhancements have been made to the way CO2 laser tubes pre-ionize. This change can be set by the user and will ensure that the laser tube fires immediately, even after having set idle for long periods of time.
Question - has anyone worked with this yet? I'm happy with having to run the laser for about 4-8 seconds on the first burn of the day on scrap. Then the rest of the day the tube fires w/o problems.

I'm tempted to play with it - but as with always - fixing something that isn't broke leads to $$$ in repair costs... Any takers yet? Any success?

OT - I'm embarassed that I feel I need to put "not bashing Epilog" in the title to feel like I'm not going to be poked at myself...
Stephen,

There are two different settings, mode & intensity that relates to laser tickle.

To access Mode on your Mini/Helix laser, press the RESET + UP keys simultaneously.

To access Intensity on your Mini/Helix laser, press the RESET + Down kesy simultaneously.

The default settings are -1 for both Mode & Intensity.

The Mode setting controls when the tickle is on and the Intensity determines how much of a tickle is applied.

We've found that the default settings of -1 for both is ideal for most customers. If you come across any difficulty, please consult with our tech support group prior to changing the default settings. Additionally, the settings allow for leaving both turned OFF, as if the settings don't exist.

One thing for sure, by adjusting these parameters to the default settings, you won't damage any of the components of the machine including the laser tube.

Lastly, upgrading the firmware will automatically put these settings to the defaults of -1.

Easy with that 4 secs of exercise. I find that 2 is adequate for most laser users.