Thread: Narrowed bandsaw choices, Felder vs Minimax

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Narrowed bandsaw choices, Felder vs Minimax

I've got my new bandsaw choice down to 2 vendors. Felder or Minimax.

Minimax MM16 - Great saw with a good following from what I've read. Seems about right price wise.
    Cons: Smaller wheels, smaller table, no factory available extension tables.

Minimax MM20 - Larger saw with larger table and more throat. Still waiting on pricing.
    Cons: No factory available extension tables. Possibly price.

Felder FB 510 - Reported to be a strong saw inline with Minimax, larger wheels, larger table, extension tables. Pricing comparable to Minimax.
    Cons: Metric dust ports(adapters available), metric miter slot.

Felder FB 600 - Pretty large saw with a pretty large table, extension tables, and good throat capacity. Got offered a 3 year old new warehouse stock with the current motor installed for a very good price.
    Cons: Not sure on any important differences on this model vs current. Metric dust ports and miter slot.

Which way would you guys lean towards? I'm having a hard time, especially not being able to see them before buying. Minimax has a large following, but Felder is reported to make very nice saws. Also a little concerned about what replacement parts and customer support will be like from Felder and Minimax. I just want to make sure I end up with a strong high quality saw that will perform flawlessly with the lowest chance of receiving a bad unit.

Forgot to add, technically I can see the Felders in person, but its a 4 hour drive one way. However, I can pick it up and save on shipping.
    Last edited by Dustin Brown; 05-02-2015 at 12:24 AM.