Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was in my mind today?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by russ bransford
    this reminds me of the story of the 'old violin' at auction. "the bids start low and go slow, 3, 4 hundred dollars. then an older gentleman steps up on the stage and begins to play the 'old violin'. when he stops. the bidding starts again. do I hear 1,000........2,000........3,000, who'll give me more.....10,000.....20,000..sold..............the crowd grew quiet, then someone asked, what made the difference?........It was touched by the master............."

Dino, you have that touch with tools, your invention, the ez guide. at first glance they look very simple. nothing to it. then when you start cutting, it becomes priceless.
    I mention here again the WOOD MAGAZINE article, where whoever was doing the testing didn't have a clue as to what he had before him in the ez smart guide.
    he definitely needs some violin lessons, it's obvious he was just fiddlin' around.
    Russ.
    You're getting next to...(close to)
    "what was in my mind "
    second hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Noles
    Dino....

You'd better stop playing and get to work..... Sept 1 is almost here
    The month is almost here.
    what year we say?

Have your credit card ready Bob.
    You know what? I'm going back to work now.
    I think I can make it much EZier and faster.
    I just like to see this guy face (and not only) (3rd hint).
    when I finish the last board in + - 10 minutes.

Thanks Bob.
    Last edited by Dino Makropoulos; 08-30-2005 at 6:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Makropoulos
    Hi Guys.

http://eurekazone.com/gallery/ez-smart-routing

Can you please tell me what was in my mind today?

This carpet board sample was done in 30-40 minutes at $150.00 per piece.
    The next lowest price was $350.00 per board for a total of 63 boards.
    The carpet store owner stop over today and after he saw the EZ at work, he complaint about the price.

To be continue after your thoughts.
    YCF Dino
    You just saved the guy (your friend???) $12,600 and he is complaining that the price is too high. Sounds to me like he needs to look at what he got out of this and not worry about what it cost you in time, materials, and tools to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rowe
    You just saved the guy (your friend???) $12,600 and he is complaining that the price is too high. Sounds to me like he needs to look at what he got out of this and not worry about what it cost you in time, materials, and tools to do.
    Steve.
    I knew the "lowest price" before I start the job.
    This is funny. Right next door to our place is another shop.(bath fitter)
    All day they cut huge panels (acrylic) with a zick-saw.
    I told the manager that they can save thousands over the year by using other methods and tools.
    They have few places in US and Canada.
    But they're stuck on the zick saw blades with this "down facing" teeth.
    I hate this blades. And now I'm stuck with the stupid noice of the saw and the blades. : mad:
    what can I say?

Anyway. To get even with the carpet guy, I have to make the system so fast... that he will feel bad for the money he spend instead of feeling good for the $12.600.00 that I save him.

Time to recap few thoughts for hint no 4.
    The carpet guy,the next door shop, the latest review of the EZ by 2 magazines the same time and me thinking of.....what?

Thanks Steve.

Steve.
    I told the manager that they can save thousands over the year by using other methods and tools.
    I hate this blades. And now I'm stuck with the stupid noice of the saw and the blades. : mad:
    what can I say?

Anyway. To get even with the carpet guy, I have to make the system so fast... that he will feel bad for the money he spend instead of feeling good for the $12.600.00 that I save him.

The carpet guy,the next door shop, the latest review of the EZ by 2 magazines the same time and me thinking of.....what?

Thanks Steve.
    Dino - kinda makes me wonder if his attitude would change had the roles been reversed. Lets say he developed a carpet installation technique more efficient than anyone else, and quoted you a price a lot less than anyone else to install carpet. Does he think you would complain about how expensive it was because you saw how little time his installers spent carpeting your home especially considering his price was less than half what anyone else would do it for?
    BTW - Do you exhibit the EZ at trade shows such as the IWF? I don't believe that I have seen your system anywhere other than that discussed on SMC. Unfortunately, I have been having significant problems with my DSL and can't even get to your site to look.

Steve.
    what can I say?

Thanks Steve.
    Dino,

What are you thinking??? According to your story and the hints given, I think you are considering a new price structure the won't throw my credit card over the limit

I also hope you are thinking about the jig saw atachment to the router plate

Now... do I win the Fiat?
    Last edited by Bob Noles; 08-31-2005 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Noles
    Dino,

What are you thinking??? According to your story and the hints given, I think you are considering a new price structure the won't throw my credit card over the limit

I also hope you are thinking about the jig saw atachment to the router plate

Now... do I win the Fiat?
    Hi Bob.
    The Fiat?
    Imagine if someone shows up with my tools to take the challange.
    I better do something about that. This is official now. All eurekazonians are excluded from the EZ challenge.