Thread: Who would have thought a deaf man....

Who would have thought a deaf man....

Last month I bought some Sennheiser wireless headphones. Today I hooked them to my cellphone which has some of my favorite music stored in MP3 file format. What a kick it was to listen to music while I mowed and bagged leaves. That music made a less than enjoyable task enjoyable!
    Who'd have thought a deaf man could listen to music while working in the yard? I see an additional new system so I can just leave it in the shop to use while I am woodworking.

For those who might not know, I am deaf and hear via a cochlear implant.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Isn't modern medicine and technology terrific! I'm glad you're able to listen to your favorite tunes. I've worn hearing aids for a few years now and remember when I couldn't be a part of conversation, or hear the TV, or music was just a muddy rumble. What can be done now is literally a life changer.
    Although I will admit, I love to do my woodworking without the aids...nearly complete silence...just the soft swoosh of a plane....

Sounds good Ken. My second CI is starting to sound just like the first one so I may be one of the lucky 1 to 3 percent that just don't benefit much. Only been about 2 months so I'm not giving up yet.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Michael,

I pray that things go better for you!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

As one who also suffers from poor hearing I am glad that you have found something that works well for you.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

That is awesome Ken. I love music. I kinda feel the pain of your loss as I have had a silent left ear since age 4. So glad you can hear now. What a wonderful gift to mankind the designers of that implant gave.

Take Care and Enjoy Life...
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...