Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25657172737475
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1768

Thread: Glowforge release

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Gravograph LS900, from the moment the screen shows it's loading data (via parallel port), I can start lasering. Actually, all of my Gravo/New Hermes equipment will run before the job data is fully uploaded.

My Triumph and GCC won't show a new job until it's fully loaded up.

All depends on the maker I suppose, and it seems the GF lets you run while uploading. Even though the machine instruction data is digital, it's loaded and used analogously, shouldn't be a problem. It's not with my machines...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

getting back to the GF Ive been reading about a lot of unhappy campers wondering why their GF stops running every day its over 75 in the house LOL Did this one have close loop cooling like the GF ?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    getting back to the GF Ive been reading about a lot of unhappy campers wondering why their GF stops running every day its over 75 in the house LOL Did this one have close loop cooling like the GF ?
    Most of the Chinese machines have no shut off, so like yours overheating it will damage the tube. A closed loop water system can never cool the water below the room temperature even with a good radiator or a bucket. That is why I invested in a chiller.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

yea no kidding those GF with the close loop will never run in hot weather, it was 111 at my house today 82 inside and my rabbit ran a good part of the day no problem, water temp 66 to 72 then add more Ice LOL -
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I see they have more problems then we have here and no phone support. Email or forum and with Email they say it may take 3 days to respond

I present to you, a competitor. Seriously, I feel strange after watching this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r-and-engraver

He made two signs for a pub. One is BB and the other is acrylic with LED. There are pics/video in the FB group, if you're curious how they turned out.

Oh Humm, things we do everyday with our not famous laser engravers are accepted as miracles on the GF.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Glowforge is now available on Amazon.

I think it is hilarious that the ad says "Create stunning 3-D products" and they have a picture of a cheap billfold as an example. Normal leather working methods would be more efficient. I guess their definition of "stunning" is different from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    So is Chinese rubber simulated dog poo and cut out face masks of the Brady Bunch
    You did what !

I saw this the other day. The 1 once of safety it has and someone has figured out a way of bypassing it.
    Now we don't even have to be near it to start it up.
    Excellent idea.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

I got a kick out of the discussion they had about how much to charge for the use of their Glowforge. Some want as much as $75 an hour and that includes the time it takes to calibrate and render the cut. I see some of the people say it takes a long time to calibrate and then may take hours to cut a simple file that we can set up and cut in minutes. They still are having problems with the alignment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    So What? I sell on Amazon and so do millions of Chinese. And that is saying NOTHING......... But bad reviews WILL kill them there.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others