Thread: Amazon free shipping now $49

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I dropped Prime a couple of years the only one of the "services" it provided I used was the "free" 2 day shipping and it had gotten to where they did not make the 2 day shipping at least 1/2 the time. About the only thing I use Amazon for is price check and the reviews, I can almost always buy it somewhere else for the same a a better price and still get free shipping. If I really need something from Amazon I get my Son to order it for me.

Amazon seems to have gotten a lot better with Prime deliveries now that they have distribution centers in so many places. Amazon used to ship a lot of stuff via UPS next day or second day, but recently they are using USPS. The Post Office can still deliver on time when the packages are traveling shorter distances. My employer has a Prime account and recently my boss ordered an item on Wednesday evening. It arrived in the mail Friday morning.

Amazon has built a sortation center here and is also building a distribution center that opens later this year. I have no idea what a sortation center is exactly, but it allows Sunday deliveries of Prime orders without a distribution center locally yet. (I do not personally have a Prime account.)