Usually I come on SMC to gain some knowledge, offer my .02, and contribute to the forum. This time I come with a heavy heart, I knew this time was coming for some time. My daughter Kristen Lynn had passed away 20 years ago and we buried her where we used to live in Michigans Upper Peninsula. My family has its roots here in Charlotte since before the Civil war and I always knew I would be buried in the family plot along with my family. When my wife Judy and I decided to move back to Charlotte we made a promise to each other and to Kristen to bring her to the family plot for her final resting place.
So we have been making plans to have her exhumed and have graveside services for her next weeekend. I will be travelling back to the funeral home, some 400 + miles,to retrieve her and bring her home. (Some of my friends think this is morbid..I could care less)
I haven't been myself this past week as fellow creeker Keith July has expierienced firsthand (Thanks Keith for listening.) The tears I shed now are just as painful as those tears 20 years ago. The loss just as raw.
These second funeral plans should be wedding plans.....That long trip up I-75 and US2, should be a long trip down the church aisle....Parents should never have to bury their children, and I only do this twice to bring her closer to us.....it's just something I must do.
So my extended SMC family, thank you for listening.