Thread: Lets start a "Tip of the Day" thread...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lets start a "Tip of the Day" thread...

Time for a "Tip of the Day" thread....
    We all do things that make tasks we do easier or less complicated as a second nature. This is not a Engraving tip but a Corel tip that Engravers might find handy. I use this tip often as I make Sublimated clip boards for Firemen called Accountability Boards. I often need to space blocks or lines within a given area. Tried the math method and it works but I have been using this easier way for a long time and wanted to share it.

So the task is to divide a space in Corel into 4 equal areas.
    I draw a rectangle about 1/4 the size of the space.
    I copy and paste the first making 3 more copies.
    I stack them on top of each other slightly offset. (yellow)
    I select all and move the group over to the space placing the bottom of the group on a grid line.
    I grab the top of the group and stretch or shrink the group to match the top grid line. (green)
    I now have the spacing and add grid lines to each junction.
    Done... Delete the boxes...

If you were doing a 40 plate of 40 names on a plaque this could be used to get your spacing quick.

Could have put this in the Sign thread but I thought it applies to both and some read both threads.

Lets hear alternates to this method as more than one way to easily skin a "task"...

Please feel free to add your tips... Lets have some fun...

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 07-26-2016 at 4:47 PM.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".