Thread: INCRA TS-LS Table Saw Fence 32"? 52"? or...........

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ​Andy, see below

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Giddings View Post
    Jim, sounds like you are in good shape as you'll have at least two solid mounts into the iron.

Couple of other things to be aware of that I remember from my install:

1) Am assuming that your extension already has legs at the right hand end? If so, you shouldn't need the leg set that is an extra with the Incra, but it might be worth checking that your existing support can still be used Yes it does have a set of legs.
    2) If your existing splitter/riving knife mounts onto the saw table check that the back rail mounting for the Incra will still work with this. Shouldn't be an issue as you are moving the rails to the right, whereas if you have them in the normal location it can interfere with the mount for these Everything is mounted in the blade chaging area.
    3) Even though you are moving the rails to the right to get a longer cross cut, you will have to move the TS-LS every time you switch from 32 limit to 52. The range of the TS LS is the cause of this. Its easy enough to do this (just release the clamps on the LS and slide it to the next stop) and there is a secondary scale that measures from 32 to 52 - just wanted you to be aware. You can see the intermediate position in my photo, the 52 stops are at the end of the rail I mentioned the 32" because of the smaller size(won't stick out the right side another 20" and most of the things I do are under 24" Larger stuff can be done on the chop saw or track saw. Really appreciate the input. I will call Incra tomorrow also for input. At least now I can speak half way intelligently.
    Last edited by Jim Eller; 08-28-2016 at 8:06 PM.