Thread: Bandsaw Book?

Bandsaw Book?

Any recommendations on a good guide or reference book covering set-up and using a bandsaw?

Thanks,

Tom

My favorite is one by Mark Duginske https://www.amazon.com/New-Complete-...=mark+duginske .
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

The book Ken cites is excellent, almost the Bible of bandsaws. Another one I like is The Complete Illustrated Guide to Bandsaws, by Roland Johnson. Johnson writes for FWW and I usually like what he writes there, so I tried his book. I found it useful.
    Fred

I agree with the recommendation of Duginski's book. I also follow the advice of Michael Fortune. He has not published a book, as far as I know, but he has published magazine articles and videos through Taunton Press/Fine Woodworking Magazine. He really cuts through a lot of mystique about setting up a bandsaw, how wide a blade we need and how to avoid drift.

Blog Entries
    plus 1 for Duginski and Michael Fortune. I can't say which man has helped me the most.

The Duginski book has been my go-to reference for years. I also like "The Bandsaw Book" by Lonnie Bird. Another great resource if still available is oddly enough, the catalog I got from Iturra Design.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    My favorite is one by Mark Duginske https://www.amazon.com/New-Complete-...=mark+duginske .
    The Duginske book, "The New Complete Guide to the Band Saw" is my favorite of the two I own. The other one is "Band Saw Fundamentals" by Popular Mechanics.

Depends on the type of saw. The above referenced book isn't as applicable to big old saws or resaws as to smaller new type saws. Dave

Thanks gentlemen. Should have included up front, I have a new Laguna 14BX.

Taunton has Johnson's book on sale.

Taunton's Illustrated Guide is what I started with: LINK
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!