I have 7 drawers 36" wide, 6" high, and 16" deep. They are inset although there is vertical space of about 1" between the drawers plus a hand hold cut-out. I am thinking maybe it would be ok to use wipe-on for the exterior front face surface and then spray the remainder with shellac using the rattle cans or sprayer. Since the drawers are in a large walk in closet that has a door, I am thinking that I can leave the door open while the face of the drawers off gasses without affecting clothes. I can also set the forced air heating fan to cycle on every once in a while for a 10 minutes or so to clear the closet air if necessary until the off gassing quits. I assume it will eventually quit.

I have an MVLP spray system but would need to do outside in the driveway. Maybe that would be ok and fast.

I wonder about using two different finishes on same drawer. A transition between finishes might not be good idea. Could you look at the attached photo of a drawer and give your thought about using 2 finishes? I like the wipe-on finish and am willing to do extra work to have it on the exposed surface. The cabinet the drawers mount in was hung on the wall about a year ago and is fully cured.

Thank you for the advise and help on this.
closet drawer.jpg