Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "We have important information about your credit card..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Womer View Post
    I have been getting calls with a recorded message, but hang up before I can find out what they want because I am annoyed. I believe they are robo calls trying to get people to respond to prompts to sell something because CC companies will not call you concerning your account, at least mine doesn't. My CC balance gets paid every month and we check the balance often online to make sure the charges are legitimate between my wife and me. Anyone else get these type of calls lately? Just thought I would share.

Kevin
    At your request, banks and CC companies will send you alerts via email and text messages regarding bank balances and/or CC transactions and balances. My banks send daily balance reports and CC companies send alerts immediately after receiving CC transactions from merchants.

In restaurants it's not uncommon to receive email alerts before the server returns to our table if their system processes the transaction in real time.

Reviewing your monthly paper statement or checking online occasionally is no longer the best way to monitor fraudulent use of your accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hagan View Post
    At your request, banks and CC companies will send you alerts via email and text messages regarding bank balances and/or CC transactions and balances. My banks send daily balance reports and CC companies send alerts immediately after receiving CC transactions from merchants.In restaurants it's not uncommon to receive email alerts before the server returns to our table if their system processes the transaction in real time.Reviewing your monthly paper statement or checking online occasionally is no longer the best way to monitor fraudulent use of your accounts.
    True, but I stated often not occasionally, that was how I caught a fraudulent charge to our account recently. We do get emails and texts. My post was about the annoying unwarranted calls I get on my cell that have nothing to do with my credit card accounts, but they make it sound like there is something wrong with your account to mislead you into thinking there is a problem.

You know what I do now is when I get an annoying call. I just set the phone down with the line active. After they hang up I hang up. Maybe I can waste enough of their time to where they won't call me again or they will make a few less calls to other people. I will not give anybody account information over the phone. I am a big PayPal fan for this very reason.