Thread: Big Buck Bank

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

Big Buck Bank

I made this for my granddaughter's 10th birthday coming up this Sunday. The basic box is straight out of Vectric's free projects page. I engraved her name to the top and filled it with crushed glass that's supposed to look like turquoise, kinda, sorta.. I also added a couple of reliefs on each end. I didn't get the depth of the dollar bill cut quite right and I think my v-bit didn't have a sharp enough point. Other than that, everything came out as expected. My granddaughter's 10 going on 40 and a penny pincher to boot so she will like the bank. (I hope)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I'll bet she loves it Grand Dad!
    Well done!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

That's a great looking heirloom that is bound to be kept forever.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Thanks guys. I got extra hugs & kisses at the birthday party yesterday.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney