So I had a teensie mishap while i was finishing a long run in my shop of wire. its a long run of 12-2 romex. i was stapling the wires to the rafter when one of the staples twisted just before my hammer tapped it to start setting it. the staple went through the outer sheath and nicked the insulation on the white neutral wire. i opened the yellow casing to inspect and it appears to be a very tiny puncture through the white insulation. the wire itself is intact completely. can I wrap the neutral in electrical tape and then re wrap the rest of the line that i skimmed open for inspection or do i now have to run a splice with a couple junction boxes. One another run i had to reroute some wire and places where the electrician had nailed the wire to the trusses the staple appears it was a little tight and turned the yellow insulation sort of a paler color. I just reinforced those areas with some tape before re stapling in a different spot. is this kosher or not. there is no compromise to the jacket but i just wanted it to be secured better.
thanks,
thomas