Thread: Pentair and Delta Opinions?

Pentair and Delta Opinions?

There's a Delta belt/disk sander for sale up in NY that I'm considering looking at that has a 1998 serial number, putting it well in the period after Pentair bought Delta Tools. Does anyone have an opinion one way or the other about Delta after Pentair took over? The knobs look to be the modern hardened plastic, not the older castings. It was likely their industrial line as it has a three phase motor. Thanks.

Those are relatively simple machines, so my opinion is that if you need/want one and the price is right, you're likely just fine buying it! I'm betting it's a good tool. In fact, that's the single machine in my shop that has green paint as I felt that it was one tool I could buy on price. It's not all that visible in my shop...it's off in a corner holding up a moving blanket....but ready to work if I need it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hi Jim,

You're right, I did miss it; I was star-struck by your Minimax slider, bandsaw and combo jointer/planer! My shop is "almost" renovated (are we ever finished with renovations?). Your Oneida caught my eye, as well. I installed an Oneida too; it took a bit of doing to get the ductwork the way I wanted it and I've still one stub left for an expansion that I have plans for. I ended up with a Felder bandsaw, but I passed on a used Minimax like yours in Boston and I regret missing it. It was a friendly price and they too, were selling a large Oneida DC with some ductwork but I couldn't work out transportation in time. I hope you're making dust in your shop?

Jeff

Yes, making messes in the shop regularly. Currently working on a small commission of a "retro modern LP record rack" for a family friend; covered my material cost, but she did a lot for us during some "times of distress" so I'm not going to ask her for any money for labor...and I got some good thinking opportunities with this one, too!

I'll have to arrange a time to see your new setup...I probably nearly drive right by several times a week, including today. LOL Glad you were able to score the Oneida system. And no...shop renovations never end.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...