Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gray View Post
Well, it is a bit of an issue. The inside part of the wheel guard covers the wheel bearings. You do want to keep the wheel bearings covered. In order to get the dust port on the bottom up or clear, then as near as I can tell, you have to cut or grind it off. I have heard that you can rotate the guard enough to slip the Wolverine under it, but when I looked, I couldn't see how it could be done. I have heard that you can angle the Wolverine platform, but if you use the long arm for the SRG instead of a platform, then that might cause problems. Steve Worchester ( think that is his correct last name) over on the AAW site has them set up. I did see another set up where the turner used extended posts on his jigs, which would also work. Not sure of any other methods though. I do keep the inside part of the wheel guard on. Yes, there is no risk of the wheel blowing up, but there is a lot of fine dust that comes off and floats around the shop like wood dust. I had to put a machined washer, 5/8 inch thick, with a slot to slip over the key pin on the axle to space the wheel out far enough so I could tighten up the outside nut. There are pictures of it on my CBN wheel article on my web site.

robo hippy
Thanks Reed. I just got back from removing the inner guard and right away realized it was protecting the bearings and needs to remain in place.

This may require a bit of finaging to figure out.........