Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: corel x7 to lasercut 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by jud dinsmore View Post
    gentlemen,

thanks for all of the responses. my corel won't export to .dxf so i'm exporting as .bmp into laser cut. my laser came with a computer with laser cut already installed. i'm designing on my computer in corel and using a thumbdrive to get it to laser cut. this is what was recommended to me by the previous owner and he cut some pretty elaborate stuff.

i'll give it another shot tomorrow. when i convert to bitmap inside of corel, the red outlined box turns to black after being red in design mode. maybe its just being a little buggy. i'll restart it and report back.
    you don't export the file you save as file.dfx hope this helps
    coxy

Your Lasercut sees bitmaps pretty much as photographs, not vector graphics, this is why it's everything is black--

I'm not sure why your Corel won't export to DXF?
    Here's a screenshot of the the procedure- first, note I grouped the 2 legend plates to export first,
    then click the 'export button'... The 'save file as' dialog comes up... pick a folder to save to, and choose a file name...
    then click on 'files of type' and choose "DXF Autocad", then click the 'export' button, and your DXF is now saved...
    todxf.jpg
    -note below and partially hidden by the 'DXF' arrow, 'selected only' is checked, this means only the 2 plates I selected
    will be exported, nothing else in the Corel window will export...

Now to go to your Lasercut, then locate and import the DXF you just saved...
    I saved the above file as "0.dxf" (one of my 'default' names as I do this many times a day)-
    note the plates show up in the preview screen...
    todxf2.jpg

-only the plates I selected imported, all colors intact...
    todxf3.jpg

I have a one-button macro that 'dumps' anything I select in Corel directly into my LaserCad program, so I never import DXF's-- this is actually the first time I've ever done it!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

In Corel you save your design as a DXF you then open Lasercut 5.3 and IMPORT not export IMPORT the dxf file you just saved in corel. in lasercut you calculate then hit delete all then download current and the dxf file will load in to lasercut. Then you tell it which lines to cut and what to engrave.

If you try to import a bmp all you will be able to do is engrave it because it s a picture.Like Kev said a jpeg.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Jud,

Tell us more about your Coreldraw. Is it Home & Student version? This may be the reason you can not export/import other types of files.
    What happens is you hold down "CTRL" key and press "E" (short for export).
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

tony - that's the version i have and i cannot save or export to .dxf. i didn't know that going into it.

bmp seems to work fine. i haven't revisited getting the layout to work with multiple colors in corel, as i have made it work by designing the logo and text in corel, and created my boxes in lasercut.

I have the student version of X6. Not a problem to export or save to .DXF
    Last edited by Joseph Shawa; 01-26-2017 at 2:46 PM.
    Chinese 6040 by NiceCut. Originally 60 Watt upgraded to 150 Watt.....I thought I had pretty much every problem in the book of laser cutting. It turns out that there is a set of books.

Jud, try this......

When you have Corel file on the workpage go to "FILE / SAVE AS/ DXF-AutoCad" ---- give it a name and location you are saving it to (such as desktop).
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software