Thread: Semper Fi...have one on me!

Semper Fi...have one on me!

This newly turned Osage Orange bottle stopper has a USMC enlisted dress blues collar insignia countersunk into the top, and then encapsulated with clear resin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ed Davidson; 10-15-2005 at 11:44 AM.
    Best,
    Ed D.

Oo ra!

Kilo 3-4 HM3 USN
    Only the Blue Roads

Way to go Ed. Very nice. For anyone in particular?
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Now thats cool!!
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

Excellent, Ed, excellent!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

That's a nice one Ed. You got me looking for an Army button now, for a gift to a relative. Thanks for the idea.

Ernie

Andy, I'm so glad to see your Oo ra!...I keep hearing BOO-ra on Cramer's Mad Money CNBC show and it drives me nuts. Only a former jar-head would know the difference.

John, I'm making these turning blocks with the encapsulated thingies on top and wholesaling them to a popular (un-named) retailer. These 3-D one's are brand new and still in the experimental stage, but I think they'll be pretty popular.
    Best,
    Ed D.

Semper Fi!

Being new to turning I hadn't thought of that yet but know of a guy who is doing something similar with metal motorcycle grip and foot pegs.. Still in the design and mock up stages, I beginning a chopper project for myself which will be Marine Corps themed. Using EGA's where ever I can among a good amount of custom paint and fabricated parts. And no, it isn't a Harley. Not this one anyway!!! (I have been considering wood inlays for the next build!!)

Ooo Raah!

Lima Co. 3/3 KMCAS
    Last edited by Greg Cozad; 10-18-2005 at 11:28 PM.

Ed, those look wonderful! You should do great with them.

10. Nice one, Ed! Love that Osage...

Thanks for the picture!

Ted, you keep coming up with the neatest ideas, and this is one of the best.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Hey Ed, I missed this one. Another great piece. Love your ability to constantly come up with new and exciting ideas.