Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternatives to RDWorks... is there something better?

Blog Entries
    I looked at a couple, they did have good instructions on export from inkscape and illustrator to insure fies import correctly. I hadn't seen any good instructions on arrays, I at least understand them and how to use now. Btw, it's about version 8.10 so rather old. I can't use Remote​ with it...
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Blog Entries
    You are probably better off using RDWorks as simply a tool for sending a graphic job to the laser. Especially if you already know a program like Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator or Aspire. If you know one of those do your design work in that, send the job to RDWorks if you have a plug in for your software (like the Corel Plug in for RDWorks that works with Corel 7 or lower) Or import the piece into RDWorks and do any minor tweaking, like color(layer) assignments in there. And then send it to the laser.

Just my take on the problem.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.