I have 600 sq ft of steel houseboat hull I need to sandblast, dry blasting with a basic 100# pressure pot and 60 gallon compressor just ain't doing the job, and I'm not really into the roughly $1000 per hour rates for someone else to do it...

--I've been attacking this hull many different ways, none all that great-- angle grinders, wire brush wheels work great on rust and loose paint, and get into the rust pits ok to so-so, but they barely touch several layers of bottom paint, and they only work well for a few minutes... once the wires take on a bend, they do more skidding around than cutting. Sandpaper wheels cut thru the paint like gangbusters, but don't work well on rough rusty areas. And they clog up quick. Tried a wheel with carbide chips, it's great for cutting thru paint but I wore it out quick, and it wasn't cheap. Plain sandblasting is frustrating- it works great on the rust and pitted areas, but it's slow. And it's real slow to remove the paint. And even with a 60 and 30 gallon compressors tied together, it takes a couple of minutes to do a square foot, and then then I'm below 100psi and using air faster than the compressors will replace it. Have to wait on the compressors. And messy, my gawd!

So after searching out dust-free sandblasting services, I found out there's wet blasting attachments for pressure washers! Watched a few videos- not quite as efficient as the big wet units, but they do seem to work, provided you have enough pressure washer to draw the sand. Some looked ok-ish, the one by Power Eagle worked quite well on an old painted and rusty steel tank, it ran off a square foot a lot faster than my sandblaster will.

HD has some reviews on one they sell, mostly bad, but mostly because the user's pressure washer is inadequate. Mine is 2800 psi, and it's probably inadequate too, BUT- I'm not against buying or even renting one with enough grunt, and also, I DO have the luxury of already having a sand delivery system, which it seems to me would be no big deal to set a pressurized flow rate that would work...

So just wondering if anyone's used one, and if you like it?