Thread: Still No Subscriptions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Don,

We will get to the bottom of this, one way or another!
    I just sent you a test message from our server-- please let me know in this thread if you receive it.

I looked through our logs and see where our email server has sent you a few messages over the last 8 weeks, and I don't have any bounced messages from your mail server. I do see that you are subscribed to 3 threads that have been updated since June 1, so in the best case, the server has sent you three notifications. I also see that you have daily digests turned on for a few of the forums.

I tested the instant email notification in the test thread in this forum and it seems to be working. Please subscribe to this thread (here) and we will continue to test until the issue is narrowed down.

Thanks!
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Don,

Update:
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ns-not-working

This is a regression bug introduced by vBulletin between version 4.2.4 and 4.2.5, and it is unfortunate. The developers have acknowledged the problem but are refusing to continue work on 4.x, and in our testing, version 5 has too many problems/bugs in our test instance for us to bring it live. I will have to do some testing to put a workaround in place, hopefully in the next day or two.
    _Aaron_

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Don,

Update:
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ns-not-working

This is a regression bug introduced by vBulletin between version 4.2.4 and 4.2.5, and it is unfortunate. The developers have acknowledged the problem but are refusing to continue work on 4.x, and in our testing, version 5 has too many problems/bugs in our test instance for us to bring it live. I will have to do some testing to put a workaround in place, hopefully in the next day or two.

UPDATE: A workaround is now in place. Hopefully, you all will start to receive subscription notifications again.
    _Aaron_