Thread: Jet Woodworking Accessories

Jet Woodworking Accessories

Does anyone know of a reliable place to get Jet woodworking machine accessories? I purchased a dado blade insert for my JBTS-10MJS table saw from Jettoolsoutlet.com (subsidiary toolmart inc) and I'm thinking that I may have gotten had. I'm assuming that since it has been a week since I ordered it that it might be on backorder but nothing from them to indicate this. I sent them an email asking about it but it bounced (another reason why I think they may not be on the up and up). My next move is a phone call but I don't have high hopes of that either. Anyway, if you have a better source, please let me know as I may cancel the order if they don't get it to me soon.

Chris.

I would have called before posting here in public. Give them a chance at least. And a phone call is almost always a quicker way to get an answer. Emails can get lost or ignored quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    I would have called before posting here in public. Give them a chance at least. And a phone call is almost always a quicker way to get an answer. Emails can get lost or ignored quite easily.
    I'm not sure I said anything derogatory or worthy of retaliation (though you never know). But, they have my money and I concerned. I'll call them this evening and see what they say.

Chris.

I agree with Matt, I think your opening sentence could be taken as derogatory (that's how I saw it), you're basically saying they are not reliable after 1 week and 1 email that bounced. I expected you to say it's been months and dozens of emails. They have an 800 number on the website, I'd try that before I posted.

+1. If you had time to post here you had time to give them a call. Calling this evening after business hours is not likely to give you much satisfaction either.

ETA, upon googling the phone number it does look a little shaky. I probably wouldn't order from them myself.
    Last edited by John Lanciani; 07-24-2017 at 4:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post

ETA, upon googling the phone number it does look a little shaky. I probably wouldn't order from them myself.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, I'd like to know how you arrived at a "shaky" number by googling. I always try to check out who I order from, these guys did look legit. I could have ordered from them.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Iwamoto View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way, I'd like to know how you arrived at a "shaky" number by googling. I always try to check out who I order from, these guys did look legit. I could have ordered from them.
    Thanks!
    The same # is attached to about a dozen websites, and they all have the same flaws on the pages. Amazon it isn't...

Thank you for the info. I never realized that.....

There is a brick'and'mortar store behind the website: https://www.yelp.com/biz/toolmart-inc-escondido

I've gotten JET stuff from: woodcraft (local), Tooland (local), Tools-plus (web order), and JET's website (actually, was ordering a replacement powermatic part, but same company). All worked okay. Any luck finding it with froogle.com?

For tablesaw throat inserts, have you checked if leecraft makes an aftermarket one for your saw? (their website doesn't show an automatic, but might be worth a call).
    I've also made a couple of inserts from MDF. (trace your current insert, cut out rough outline with jigsaw; attach with double-stick tape and rout with bearing-guided bit. You might need to adjust thickness a bit in a few spots.

Matt
    Last edited by Matthew Hills; 07-25-2017 at 11:07 PM.

I have always had good luck with CPO Jet http://www.cpojettools.com/ They usually have good prices and fast shipping.
    Earl

I wonder what happened to this single poster?