Thread: Long Ranger remote control relay question

Long Ranger remote control relay question

Hello: I have a long ranger 3, 220 volt control that I use on my dust collector. It has worked just fine for me since I got it new 3 years ago. Now it does not respond at all. I replaced the batteries in the remote, pressed the reset button on the bottem of the base unit but it still doesnt work. Are there any ideas out there about what to do or is this thing classified as a disposable non repairable thing that just has to be replaced. I would add that it is a handy thing to have when it does work. Thanks Jared

Go to Penn State Ind website and down load programming instructions. mine is 16 years old been dropped and abused for that long still works like a champ

Definitely try to reprogram it, as John mentioned. Next, AND ONLY DO THIS IF YOU'RE COMFORTABLE AND SAFE AROUND MAINS VOLTAGE, I would open it up, and stick a multimeter across the coil pins on the relay. If when you activate the switch, you see voltage there, odds are the relay is fried and you could replace it. If you don't see voltage there, odds are the rest of the circuit is dead (radio receiver), etc, and it might be trash. At least that's what I would do

I've never opened one up but there is a possibility that the relay has gone bad. You might be able to replace the relay and get it working again.