Thread: Supporting cast member the tablesaw

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would go with the Saw Stop contractors saw. A guided circular saw can break down sheet goods. I did a lot with the Bosch contractors saw before getting a hybrid, but I still do flat work.

Also, Saw Stop isn't just about the (significant) safety feature. They are very well made.
    RD

IMG_0773.jpgMy humble beginnings of a shop
    I live in Northern California and finding good saws that are on display are few and far between. Segmented turning is definitely in my future (just finished a weggie sled for my bandsaw to get me started)along with maint. on the house. I have a small table saw that's way wornout but still works So I'll take my time and really get a look at the space I have for this tool
    thanks for the input. Ill check if any contractor saws run on 230V,my dust collector lathe and bandsaw are all 230V.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack Gambrell View Post
    IMG_0773.jpgMy humble beginnings of a shop
    I live in Northern California and finding good saws that are on display are few and far between. Segmented turning is definitely in my future (just finished a weggie sled for my bandsaw to get me started)along with maint. on the house. I have a small table saw that's way wornout but still works So I'll take my time and really get a look at the space I have for this tool
    thanks for the input. Ill check if any contractor saws run on 230V,my dust collector lathe and bandsaw are all 230V.
    Nice shop, Mack! Everything you need for cutting blanks and turning right there (with the exception of chainsaws). Love the Powermatics and ESPECIALLY the Walker-Turner drill press! Personally, in my shop is a Walker-Turner 10" cabinet saw, Walker-Turner 8" bench top saw, 16" bandsaw, 14" bandsaw, large floor standing drill press, 6" jointer, and a belt & disc sander. All Walker-Turner. My favorite of all-time, most were made in the 1940's and in perfect working order they are still as good as anything you can buy new today. My lathe is a Powermatic 3520b as well, so we have similar styles.
    Last edited by Chris Gunsolley; 09-23-2017 at 3:40 PM.