Hello wood turners, I'm planning to build a diy bowl turning style lathe. It will be similar to the one I've found online:

1953105642.jpg

I have scavenged most of the steel structure around the Island in Hong Kong where I live, I bought a spindle for a saw from China (15usd) and now I bought from my friend some kind of flour grinder equipped with 1.5kw - 2hp motor(40usd). The motor has speed of 1400rpm so seems perfect for this project. I need to buy the pulley block for the motor, v belt and I should be ready to put it all together soon. The plan is to make it just equipped with diy face plate that I will weld to the screw nut I have with the spindle as its M25 and I cant find any accessories. I intend to turn mostly stool seats for now so it should be fine. I'm thinking to position the spindle perpendicular toI would greatly appreciate any advice how to improve the the lathe, what might go wrong and especially how to build an arm with tool rest by myself. If everything goes as planned I should get a serious lathe for 30% of price of the cheapest poor quality lathe I can order form China. Please find more photos below:
402610846.jpg980613560.jpg230299567.jpgspin.jpg

Regards,
Filip