Thread: Noise Absorption - best approach?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Noise Absorption - best approach?

I'm looking for ideas on how to cut down on the noise I experience in my workshop. Luckily the workshop does not permit much sound to escape, but it does have an echo that I would like to cut down in the most reasonable way possible.
    The shop has concrete floors, a high ceiling, wooden garage door and drywall on wall and ceiling surfaces. There isnt much in the room aside from the machines (not anything really).
    I placed hard rubber under the machinery and that helped eliminate any vibratory type noises.
    Most noise comes from the bandsaw, dust collector and jointer/planer, not necessarily from actually planing wood (though I love that sound), but from running. They're not so much worrisome noises as I expect just normal noises being amplified by an echo
    I've researched various ways of doing this, but being especially broke after recent purchases I'm curious to find an effective solution at a minimum of cost. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 12-16-2017 at 9:04 AM. Reason: fixed wonky text
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.